Going to parties is easy. Planning your own can be just as easy, as long as you invest time and preparation into making it everything you want it to be. Food, drink, and music are the basic building blocks of any party, so make sure to give thought and energy into making these aspects count.
Jon Gabel, the CEO of Joonbug.com , who will be throwing over 50 plus New Year’s Eve events, next month has some simple suggestions to ensure your party is a hit….
- Plan Ahead. For every event we produce we establish a master agenda and a calendar. Begin your planning early and make sure you have enough time to everything done on time.
- Budget. List every possible item you may need and project the costs. Figure out where you can afford to splurge and where you must cut back. At the end of the event, you can compare your actual costs to the projected and see where you saved.
- Plan for the masses. Whatever you thought to order for food and drinks, double it. This is a time for all of your friends to come together so you have to accommodate everyone, have options!
- Music. Music will keep the party going so make sure you have a DJ who knows how to control a room or asks friends for song suggestions and comprise a playlist on your iPod.
- Have fun! Remember, you’re planning a party! If the decorations don’t show or you run out of hors d’oeuvres – you’re surrounded by your friends, c...